What Constitutes Change?


Today we had a very interesting discussion during our skype session centered around the topic of change, both in our work and our practice. I first posed the question of: 

What constitutes change in our professional practice as a result of the learning and reflection accumulated through this course?

For me the changes we are expected to see contradicted the framework of my research project in which I conducted an ethnographic study within my professional practice and took care not to alter my surroundings through my observation and questioning in order to provide a true representation of my work environment free from unfamiliar bias. Are things really changed by one simply observing it? Even if a researcher evokes change, is it significant in comparison to the wider field of knowledge? Is the researcher merely a small piece in an infinite puzzle or wider learning?

Adesola voiced a school of thought that as a researcher you are fundamental to your field and your presence is significant; you are the one big piece of the puzzle. 

If you place yourself as the most significant part of your research does this remove the objective of research?  The observation and interrogation of information sources to find perspective and basis in relation to the wider field of 'knowledge'.


Comments

  1. Hi Jesse

    Here's my take on our Skype discussion:
    https://rhodmapp.blogspot.com/2020/04/sunday-morning-skype-early.html

    Take care

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discussion- Learning in and as professional practice

Sunday Discussion- Knowing and Learning

Theories and Framework