Communicating Ideas

Last Sunday's Skype session saw, what I felt, was a very difficult and thought provoking discussion on communicating ones ideas. The discussion revolved around the different ways one communicates their ideas throughout this course and how they grow through each module.

One aspect which I feel resonated with most of us were the differences in communicating our own views and opinions within our work and the communication of other peoples ideas and theories. These seemed to differentiate between the formal citing of theories and frameworks and the informal personal views and reflections.

It seemed key to making these areas work in harmony within your work was to not see them in isolation but rather as a fusion of voices. This fusion appears to become more apparent as the course progresses from our RPL claims in module one, our research proposals in module two and the research project, professional artifact and presentation in module three. One idea I felt was that the time in between the modules was almost breathing space that allowed us to reflect on our learning and amalgamate the different areas and develop our voices.

It is these in between bits that can often be the most important in the learning process. The moments of reflection and analysis. Going forward into module three, others further along in the MAPP process have stressed the importance of allowing yourself sufficient time in the research process to have these 'in between moments' where you can look at your collated data and really take the time to understand them and reflect on what they mean. Something I will be taking with me into module three.

Comments

  1. Hi Jesse,

    A great read, very insightful!

    I can really relate to the importance of 'in between moments' as this is something I struggle with, taking time to question whether you fully understand the nature of the research you are reading. Reading your points on making key areas work in harmony between the formal research and informal reflection, has made me consider my own fusion of these and how they can be used together for greater development, understanding and a need to further inquire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jesse

    Thank you for a great blog!!
    I can relate to the breathing space bewteen modules, I seem to do most learning when I have stepped back and and taken in the whole picture. Reflection after the completion of a module has been very productive for me.I find it so interesting, that i teach my students to appreciate and value of the 'in-between' and yet i seem to still be learning this task myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanith,

      I really struggled with the skype session and all the silent moments spent trying to get my head around the questions, but I feel that it was these uncomfortable moments that got the most use out of the session and managed to come to terms with the meaning behind the points made.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discussion- Learning in and as professional practice

Sunday Discussion- Knowing and Learning

Theories and Framework